As the end of the school year draws to a close here in Australia we started to look for a fun unique gift to give to my daughters friends. Christmas cards and candy canes a fine but we have to risk getting the same cards as everyone else and it gets a bit boring year after year, so this year we decided to brighten things up a bit with reindeer lollipops.
This idea came to us after browsing the internet for Christmas gifts, a couple of pages had templates for the reindeer head, but we couldn’t download them for some reason or the page wouldn’t open. So I ended up drawing my own reindeer template for the girls.
We used Chuppa Chups for our reindeer noses, but I’m sure you can make it work for any of your favourite Lollipops.
What you need:
- Cardboard ( I used scrapbooking card which 12″x12″, this was the only type I could get in brown)
- 13″ piece of satin ribbon.
- Glitter paint
- White paint
- Red pencil
- Glue or double side tape
- Sharp scissors
- Chuppa Chups
1. Using the pdf (at the bottom of the page) print onto the coloured cardboard. (I used 12″x12″ scrapbook card so I managed to print two at once because I have an A3 printer. It meant cutting the paper down slightly but it printed out ok.)
2. Next fold the paper in half along the fold line.
3. Cut out the reindeer, the stick hole at the bottom and his nose through both layers. (I tried to get a 1″ paper punch to cut the hole but unfortunately couldn’t find one so I used my cutting blade for to do this.)
4. Next I used the red pencil to add rosy cheeks, the white paint to add to detail to the ears, and the glitter paint to the antlers.
5. Add your name and the receivers name to the back as well as any other message you like.
6. Push the lollipop stick through the hole in the bottom
7. Then glue or tape the reindeer at the antlers and the top of head. Tie the ribbon around the base of the stick in a bow.
And now you have a reindeer lollipop card to give to your friends.
The packet of Chuppa Chups that I bought has several different colours and flavours so I’m intending on using all of them. I’m sure no one will really mind if the get a blue, purple or green nosed reindeer.
I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial.